An opportunity to join VIOOH, the innovative and fast-growing startup that is defining the future of out-of-home advertising.
We are looking for an excellent backend developer to join the dynamic team building a platform that enables automated buying and selling of advertising space and dynamic, data-driven content on out-of-home advertising screens worldwide.
You'll be someone with significant experience working with PHP using a framework like Laravel or Symfony. You'll also be eager to explore other allied technologies; we're a team that runs a high-load, highly reliable Laravel service on Docker and Kubernetes but also other microservices written in for example Go, TypeScript and Node.js.
As a team we learn together, hold each other accountable and take responsibility for defining, delivering and maintaining the services we provide to our clients. You'll be someone who can both work collaboratively and also take the responsibility to deliver solutions from start to finish on your own.
- Meeting the needs of our customers by taking ownership of the delivery of high quality software from prototype to production
- Contributing to the development and architecture of our core Laravel application
- Contributing to the development and architecture of our suite of microservices written in Go
- Contributing to the development and architecture of our operational, continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
- Reviewing and giving feedback on pull requests
- Experienced backend developer (minimum 3 years experience)
- Solid knowledge of PHP 7 and Object Oriented programming concepts and patterns
- Significant experience using a PHP framework, preferably Laravel
- Experience with test driven development in PHP (PHPUnit)
- Confident and proactive self-starter
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent spoken and written communication in English in order to collaborate with colleagues on understanding requirements and defining solutions
- RESTful API design
- Linux command line
- Experience in the AdTech industry, particularly in:
- The management and delivery of dynamic content for advertisements
- The processes involved in programmatic ad buying, selling and delivery
A Computer Science degree is not required, but you should be someone who holds no fear of learning difficult new concepts or technologies.
- Work with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- Competitive base salary and benefits package
- 25 days annual leave plus all annual holidays in the UK
- The chance to have real world impact
- Regular company social events