🚨No agencies and dev shops please!
Smartbnb is seeking to automate the management of the short-term rental industry.
Our core product is currently helping short-term rentals businesses manage over 100,000 properties. We are a growing team of 12 people with plans to expand significantly in the coming months.
Smartbnb is bootstrapped and profitable. We are interested in building a great, sound business for years to come.
With multiple new product launches on the horizon, you will be joining the company at a time of explosive growth. Your presence will have a very real impact on the company’s value.
Our company is fully distributed and remote. We believe and fully embrace that your best environment is wherever you - personally - feel the most productive and comfortable for day-to-day work. Nevertheless, we organise frequent meetups and retreats for the team to physically meet throughout the year. The last three trips were to Lisbon/Cascais, Prague, and Tenerife!
⭐️ What you will do ⭐️
- You will be an architect: planning structural masterpieces, laying foundations, building pillars, and reinforcing walls. Maybe a statue here and there...
- You will be in charge of drastically improving multiple backend and API features for our web app, helping to developing new product lines, as well as improving and maintaining the quality of the entire codebase.
- You will take charge of your own work and proactively suggest improvements across the whole backend.
- In a remote environment you will be responsible for your own time and results – there will be no babysitting.
✅ What you will need to succeed ✅
- Nutcracker: you love solving engineering problems.
- Independent: you are self-motivated, take initiative, and are a strong communicator. You are results-driven and willing to learn and improve yourself.
- Technical Ninja: proficiency with PHP 7.0+, Laravel 5.7, MySQL, and Git, backed by 5+ years of Backend development experience.
- Design Pattern Jedi: great knowledge of and direct experience with multiple design patterns. You have written superbly abstracted code and accompanying unit tests from scratch. You have also refactored legacy, non-testable code into something less apocalyptic.
- Caring Developer: you recognise that your code and work impact not only the customers but also the rest of the team. You conduct yourself with professionalism and respect not only in meetings but also in how you structure your code and in the documentation that you write.
- Superb English fluency: we are an international team and clear communication is vital. It goes without saying (but we’ll say it anyway) that you absolutely must have the ability to participate in frequent video meetings.
🍰 Brownie points 🍰
- You have experience with setting up and actively using CI/CD pipelines in a major project using Travis, Circle, Gitlab, or Bitbucket.
- You have experience with Machine Learning either with off-the-shelf tools like Dialog Flow or - better yet - more low level using tools and platforms like Theano, Torch, and Google/AWS/Microsoft/IBM ML stacks.
- You see past the glossy veneer of the ‘microservices’ buzzword and know when and how to build them.
- You’ve used 🐬🤯🔥in Git commit messages.
(Let us know how many 🍰 you deserve.)
🎉 What we offer 🎉
- Competitive salary.
- Ample paid leave, in addition to maternity and paternity leave.
- A great support structure: we are here for you.
- Contract. You will work independently where you are most productive and happiest, with flexible weekday hours.
- All the resources and tools that you need to succeed
- Join a fast-growing startup and be part of the force that shapes the company in the years to come!
We are solving global short-term rental automation. Are you in?