Full Job Description
Software Developers are a fundamental part of the Patient Prism team. Each developer will be deeply involved in building the core product and infrastructure, and will work collaboratively with other members of the Patient Prism team to scope, plan, and implement upcoming features..
Patient Prism builds a powerful AI stack to make informed predictions about the specific details and outcomes of phone conversations.
Our developers need to be well-rounded technologists who have a holistic understanding of the web technology stacks that we work with and are able to interface with other team members in a professional way.
We’re not looking for rockstars, zombies, or magicians. We’re looking for motivated, creative, and resourceful developers who want to help build a product on the fore-front of the industry.
We recognize several levels of career progression for developers and tie compensation to those levels corresponding to their seniority and experience.
- You must be cross-functional in your ability to switch between developing for the front-end, back-end and a dev-ops context. Every developer will have a chance to touch every aspect of the codebase and participate in infrastructure planning and implementation.
- Our primary development language is PHP. You must be fully fluent in PHP and have worked with it in a professional context before.
- Prior experience with Laravel is a major plus. If you haven’t worked with Laravel, you should be excited to learn and develop with it, following best-practices and Laravel's design patterns.
- We utilize Tailwind for frontend components. Experience with css utility classes is preferred.
- We leverage ElasticSearch, Redis, and GraphQL for many of our indexing and caching procedures so experience with some or all of these is another major plus.
- Experience working with and implementing transcription engines, NLP models and neural networks is a plus. We leverage various technologies to transcribe, analyze, and make predictions about the conversations we facilitate.
- Patient Prism maintains a RESTful API for both public and first-party consumption. Strict adherence to semantic best-practices is a must. Having a fundamental understanding permissions and ACL principles is required.
- Patient Prism prides itself on its ability to address unusual, novel, and complex problems that deal with understanding and processing natural language, solving complex industry problems, and munging large data sets. You should understand and be able to discuss web technologies and systems conceptually, and be able to demonstrate that you can learn a new language, technology stack, or framework quickly and on demand.
- You should feel comfortable at a Unix command line, even if you aren’t an expert.
- You must know your way around git and understand version control well, and be able to carry out typical operations with it, including branching, merging, submitting code for peer review, and reviewing your peers’ code yourself.
- We apply Scrum as a development methodology, and broadly endorse Agile as a philosophy. You must be open to working this way as well, and prior experience is a plus. We have a daily stand-up meeting (virtually) and you are expected to attend and participate in all scrum ceremonies.
- You should also have very strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to wield them with both team members, vendors and potentially customers.
- Important “soft skills” at Patient Prism include: discipline concerning delivery dates, stylistic appreciation of what makes code good and readable, and a committed attitude about documentation and commenting, user stories, issue tracking, and timesheets.
About Patient Prism
Patient Prism leverages natural language processing (AI) to analyze new-patient phone calls. Within 25 min of a patient call, the dental office or call center is equipped with actionable intelligence and training they need to call back an unscheduled patient and win them back, thus immediately increasing new patient revenue and lowering overall patient acquisition cost.
We offer competitive salaries and company subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits.
Patient Prism is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $70,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you contribute to open source projects?
- What is your GitHub profile?
- Laravel: 2 years (Required)
- Vue.js: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Work Location: Remote