Carbonara is an early-stage, high-growth startup on a mission to create a simple, easy, and organized way for popular restaurants to manage waiting guests. Built by former restaurant operators and restaurant software developers, our technology modernizes and streamlines the casual dining experience while allowing restaurants to focus on creating an exceptional experience for their diners.
- Take over development of several web projects written in ReactJS and NextJS
- Develop for three distinct products – customer facing web services, internal admin web services, and or marketing website which connects to part of our product
- Work on the development of a platform as part of an international project.
- Write automated unit tests
- Collaborate closely with the teams of UX/UI designers, PMs, QAs, and other developers
- Set up CI/CD for web project
- Contribute significantly to the direction of product development and work to define the product roadmap.
Minimum requirements include:
- 5+ years of experience as Frontend Software Engineer
- Experience with agile development and workflow
- Experience in developing with ReactJS and other popular frameworks like NextJS.
- Minimum 1-year experience with ReactJS or a significant project developed using ReactJS – we will ask you to show and tell this
- Understanding of and experience with CI/CD
- Experience with load-time optimization and performance tuning
- Strong understanding of the full web-development lifecycle
- Experience with responsive web design and development for multiple screen sizes and devices such as mobile, desktop, tablet etc.
- Great written and verbal English communication skills
Ideally, you also:
- Have experience developing towards Firebase backend
- Have already worked in a tech role where your decisions were of great importance
- Have experience leading a tech team
- Are certain that you can recruit people via your existing network to join our team
- Have broad knowledge of other popular web technologies like Vue, Angular etc.
- Have experience with flutter web development
What we can offer
- A competitive salary and shares in the company. If you are interested in being an early stage employee with an equity stake, this is a possibility.
- Opportunity to build and work on a product that is already in use and will be used by millions of people
- Dynamic and flexible working conditions
- An international, friendly and highly motivated team
We’re a small and motivated team distributed across Europe. Our leadership and product team is based in Norway (2 expats and 1 Norwegian). Prior to Carbonara, we built another successful restaurant software startup in the U.S. and thanks to our experience have been successful in raising early stage investment for Carbonara.
We work hard, often late hours, but we believe in work-life balance, and we make sure to get away from our screens and have fun (and surely we will do lots of that when this pandemic is over). We are an international team building an international company, and we know it takes all types to build a great organization.
Are you interested?
Please send your CV and a brief note as to why you think you’d be a good fit for the role to email@example.com. Bonus points if you tell us your favorite restaurant and why you like it.