What’s the job?
We are Ampersand, an ecommerce agency that specialises in transforming fast-growing retailers.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for working with the Development team to write well-designed, efficient code by using best software development practice. You will also take part in code reviews, architecting and designing solutions with guidance from the Head of Development. You always see the bigger picture and understand the importance of accessibility, semantics and maintainability.
We transform businesses using our proprietary tool, Accelerator, which gives our customers a scalable ecommerce solution in as little as 90 days. This means Ampersand developers work on more frequent deployments, enjoy an increased variety of project work and take ownership of the complete project lifecycle.
Your role will include:
- Writing good quality code to written technical specifications and performing code reviews to ensure the wider team is also doing the same, or even better
- Actively supporting and mentoring members of the development team
- Working with your agile project team to find the best technical solutions for our customers
- Building complex and challenging web applications with strong technical documentation
- Investigating, analysing, documenting and correcting reported bugs
- Creating, documenting and implementing unit tests and scripts
What you bring:
- Commercial experience with managing the full software lifecycle and utilising PHP and PHP-based frameworks e.g. Symfony, Laravel to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code to articulate and build complex applications in best practice
- Demonstrable experience working as part of a team with a clear understanding of your role and shared responsibilities
- Technical experience working with: MySQL; Linux; PHPUnit; Basic HTML; XML; Git/SVN
- Technical understanding of: security, composter, automated testing, application architecture and integrations
More reasons to join us:
- 💵 Competitive salary
- 💻 Hybrid working
- 📚 Personal development plans
- 🏥 Private healthcare
- 🏝 32 days’ holiday (includes public holidays)
- 🎉 Meet-ups and social events
Got a question about how your experience may fit into this role? Get in touch with Avery and Jess at email@example.com.